Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Bellamy's writing on campaign flyers: personal touch or tacky tactic?

And and he misspelled Daniel McIntyre on his Facebook web address as "danielmac" - not a big deal but I think spelling out the entire ward's name would have been more proper.




 What do you think about Keith Bellamy writing on his campaign flyers as he or someone from his campaign team (most likely) stuffs it into the constituents' mailboxes?

This is not the first piece of writing that I've seen Keith Bellamy write on with the words "Sorry I missed you! -Keith" on the front panel. Earlier in the campaign, candidates introduced themselves through a printed bio and that, too, had this same tactic.

So does it work? For me... not sure how I feel about it. I wish I had the other piece of paper so I could compare the handwriting and determine if there are any inconsistencies, maybe send a copy to CSI and get the letter strokes analyzed to see if it was Keith Bellamy's handwriting. While they're at it, maybe CSI could also check my front porch for fingerprints to see if Keith Bellamy was in fact the one that hand delivered it into my mailbox.

Looking at it from a PR perspective, I think it would be neat if I saw Keith Bellamy walk up to my door and drop off the flyer. In reality, did he actually mean to knock at my door to speak to me or was he just sorry I wasn't there in that three seconds it takes to put the flyer into the mailbox? I don't know, somehow I can't picture Keith Bellamy wanting to talk to every single household everytime he needed to drop off these flyers. And it's not like this was the only flyer he had to put out. This was, I believe, the third flyer to occupy my mailbox space. So if you do the math, three flyers times the number of houses in the Daniel McIntyre ward = I, too, am sorry I missed you Keith Bellamy.

1 comment:

  1. Not only did I knock on two thirds of the doors in the ward, if you saw my signature - I signed it. I both signed it and dropped it...keithbellamy@gmail.com

    KB

    ReplyDelete