Friday, November 19, 2010

The CreComm connection

As the semester wraps up, I can't help but think about my future outside of CreCommland. I'm sure gonna miss it!

I was speaking with Desiree earlier this afternoon about how CreComm forced us to make friends; forced to mingle with, and eventually got to know the people in our major.  There are a lot of amazing people, not only in my PR class but also in all of Creative Communications.

Desiree and I discussed that the connections you make in CreComm are invaluable connections because without CreComm, we all wouldn't have met. CreComm is a place where every single person in the program was hand selected by a panel of instructors who thought they all had something in common. In my first year as a Creative Communications student, I looked around my class and thought if it weren't for CreComm, I would never be friends with some of these people - they are just not my type. When in reality, we are all the same type - the CreComm type.

As the program ends next semester, I'm already thinking about what I would miss the most - the everyday interaction with my CreComm-type friends at Red River College. Only in CreComm are we able to see each other EVERYDAY, partly because we have to for class. It is because of this consistent time together that we are able to get to know each other, some even forming bonds that would last our lifetime.

It is also nice to know that there are other types like myself: creative and competitive, and that we have dominated the Manitoba market. I'm not sure yet if this is good or bad because dominating means fewer jobs for our graduating class. What I do know is that if I ever need support, the CreComm Mafia is always there to help - and occasionally, take out a few people.

The connections you make in Crecommland could come in handy later on when you are working at your dream job. Even if you feel you haven't made enough friends or feel that you haven't come out of your shell to show everyone what you're really like, rest assured the words "I went to CreComm!" goes a long way in making new friends.

Make the last semester count!

1 comment:

  1. I love the little Photoshop work you did on that picture - it's very clever!

    I also agree that the connections and friendships that we've made are very valuable. The connections we've made outside of our class because of CreComm are also extremely valuable.

    ReplyDelete